Despite being the world's least consistent blogger, I haven't actually forgotten or given up on writing- (cerea-ously). Having been out of the academic world for a while now, I found myself sitting at my little work desk wondering "What in the world I had actually been learning recently?? Why do I have nothing interesting to discuss??" I racked my brain forever (a solid 5 minutes at least I'd say), but the truth is, I couldn't come up with anything! Then the sadness hit me. "Am I not learning anymore?! Am I not paying attention to the intriguing world around me?" NO, Audrey, YOU'RE NOT.
Okay that might be a little tough. But I did realize that now more than ever I have to seek out new information. In school, it's presented to you. Not anymore! That said, I am hereby making major efforts to consciously seek out new information, explore, and document it on my own accord.
And without further adieu, here are the Gold Stars I'm presenting myself:
- Figuring out the bus system in a new city (only waited at the wrong bus stop once...)
- Making perfect Jell-O shots
- Parallel parking championships
- Troubleshooting my own computer
- Starting a blog!
- Checking my tire pressure AND refilling them (BAM-- who's an adult now?)
- Driving the deadly freeways of L.A..... and living to tell the tale