*Note first original drawing. Inspiration at its finest.)
During my self-proclaimed Inspiration Week, I have decided to create a series of posts inspired by the oh-so-inspirational people around me. First up- MOM.
Mom calls at work today with extra-exciting news to share. 'And what's that great news?' you're surely wondering:
- Hedgehogs will ingest poisonous plants just to create poisonous saliva to rub all over their spines. Just when you thought a built-in armor was enough... meet: toxic armor.
- There's a surprising number of Google images for 'hedgehogs in hats'. Look it up.
- Another popular search is 'Hedgehogs as pets'
- Hedgies were domesticated in the 1980's, but apparently "still have much of their wild behaviors, including fear of humans."* Ah the perfect pet, one that fears humans...
- Lastly, it is illegal to own a hedgehog in the following cities/states:
- Douglas County, NE
- New York City, NY
Good day to you.
*Thank you, Wikipedia.