Pages

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

The Definition of Bad-Ass

We've all had those rare moments of extreme confidence, strutting around on a particularly uplifting day thinking, "Wow, I really am something else. Just look at me, I could accomplish anything, because I am totally bad ass." NO, you're not.You want to know why you're not? Because you have never been a ONE ARMED DRUMMER FOR AN AWESOMELY FAMOUS HARD ROCK BAND

That my friends, is what I have discovered to be-

THE DEFINITION OF BAD-ASS:

Rick Allen- One Armed Drummer for Def Leppard


What?! This guy... THIS GUY... actually played drums with only one arm. I am never going to complain about anything ever again! Until I'm hungry, tired, sick, or disadvantaged in some other menial way. BUT UNTIL THEN, this guy reigns supreme.

Quick Facts
-Rick was 16 when he joined Def Leppard
-At age 21 he had a reckless driving accident; his arm was severed
-Post-accident, a specialized drum set was made for him and he continued on playing with the band

Basically, the guy plays an instrument that requires two arms with just one. No big deal...

?!/!?!!!?!?!! mind still blown. 

No comments:

Post a Comment